Exporting and Importing Lesson Pages
BULB Lesson Pages can be exported and imported using standard WordPress import/export tools.
Exporting Lesson Pages
Lesson pages can be exported from one BULB-enabled WordPress site to another by creating a WordPress XML file. This can then be imported into the target BULB-enabled WordPress site. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Select Export from the admin dashboard Tools menu.
- Choose Lesson Pages.
- Click Download Export File.
Save this file to your local drive. Make sure it is in an easy to find location so you can access it quickly when you are ready to import it to the target BULB-enabled WordPress site.
Importing Lesson Pages
To install the WordPress Importer:
- Navigate to Tools » Import in the admin dashboard.
- If this is the first time an import has been performed on the site, you will be asked to choose the type of import. Choose Install Now for WordPress.
- Select Run Importer after WordPress completes the importer installation.
To import Lesson Pages from an XML file:
- Navigate to Tools » Import in the admin dashboard of your target BULB-enabled WordPress site.
- Browse your local system for the XML file containing the Lesson Pages to be imported.
- Select Upload file and import.
- Assign the authorship of content to existing users or create a new user.
- Make absolutely sure that you check the “Download and import file attachments” option. If you do not, you will not successfully carry over all content from your BULB lesson to the target site.
- Press Submit to complete the import.